Specimen Collection Training
If you choose to collect your own samples rather than using an Alere Collecting Officer, then comprehensive training in sample collection and chain of custody protocols is essential to ensure the robustness of your testing.
Delegates will be trained so they are confident and competent in sample collection. Upon successful completion of a theory and practical assessment each delegate is issued with a certificate of competency. This ensures that all of your Collecting Officers can evidence appropriate training, and that you can feel assured your drug and alcohol testing programme is carried out smoothly and efficiently, with no concerns for the competency of the Collecting Officer.
- Information on drug and alcohol metabolism
- Screening and confirmation testing
- Importance of Chain of Custody protocols
- Result interpretation
- Pre-collection preparation
- Sample collection
- Theory and practical assessment
To ensure the continued competency of all your Collection Officers, we recommend they attend a training course at least every two years.
- All members of staff who will conduct sample collections (urine, oral fluid or breath)
- Staff who act as witnesses
- Staff who own / wrote the drug and alcohol policy
- Union / working group representatives
Abingdon (Oral Fluid)
- May 31st 2017
- July 26th 2017
- September 27th 2017
- November 29th 2017
- April 26th 2017
- June 28th 2017
- August 30th 2017
- October 25th 2017
- December 27th 2017
We Come To You
Our monthly training sessions in Abingdon and Loughton are the most cost-effective answer where training is required for only a very small number of staff. However if you need training for a larger group we can hold sessions at your office. All training equipment is included and we tailor each session to the exact equipment you will be using.