Advanced Science Apprenticeships
We guarantee to develop your skills and knowledge and create real opportunities for your future. Alere Toxicology has brought together leading drug, alcohol and healthcare testing organisations in Europe with the facilities and expertise to genuinely deliver a single-source solution for drug, alcohol and healthcare testing. So we have plenty for you to learn and be challenged with!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of hair, urine and oral fluid samples for analysis, within agreed timeframes
- Ensuring all equipment used is within current specifications including calibration and maintenance requirements
- Accurate data entry, including relevant scanning and archiving
- Logging ‘discrepancy’ samples and liaising with Customer Services to resolves any issues efficiently and promptly
- Sample storage and logging
- Adherence to quality systems, including review and amendment of relevant Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) as necessary
- Carrying out tasks as directed by the Analytical Support Manager and feeding back any problems, working to assist in their resolution
- Participating in training programmes across Laboratory Operations to develop themselves and to increase their breadth of understanding of the function of operations as a whole
In addition to the above, the role of the laboratory assistant may also extend to include responsibilities such as:
- Laboratory maintenance, including preparation of solutions and stock count
- Laboratory cleanliness and maintenance of a safe and pleasant work environment
- Basic systems maintenance
- Assisting in the preparation of Risk Assessments
At the end of the programme apprentices will gain qualifications that demonstrate Knowledge, Competence and Employability as well as all the competencies, experience and skills gained by working in a professional laboratory environment.
We are searching for GCSE, ‘AS’ and ‘A’ level graduate candidates who are looking to join the world of work - this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic, global business serving diverse markets and be involved in how we develop and achieve the remarkable. The ideal apprentice would already have some scientific background and be socially and emotionally mature enough to work in a fast-paced innovative environment.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting code CSR14025 with a covering letter and copy of your CV.