Specimen Collection Training
If you choose to collect your own samples rather than using an Alere Collecting Officer, then comprehensive training in sample collection and chain of custody protocols is essential to ensure the robustness of your testing.
Delegates will be trained so they are confident and competent in sample collection. Upon successful completion of a theory and practical assessment each delegate is issued with a certificate of competency. This ensures that all of your Collecting Officers can evidence appropriate training, and that you can feel assured your drug and alcohol testing programme is carried out smoothly and efficiently, with no concerns for the competency of the Collecting Officer.
- Information on drug and alcohol metabolism
- Screening and confirmation testing
- Importance of Chain of Custody protocols
- Result interpretation
- Pre-collection preparation
- Sample collection
- Theory and practical assessment
To ensure the continued competency of all your Collection Officers, we recommend they attend a training course at least every two years.
- All members of staff who will conduct sample collections (urine, oral fluid or breath)
- Staff who act as witnesses
- Staff who own / wrote the drug and alcohol policy
- Union / working group representatives
Oral Fluid- Abingdon
- November 28th 2018
- January 30th 2019
- March 27th 2019
- May 29th 2019
- July 31st 2019
- September 25th 2019
- November 27th 2019
- October 31st 2018
- February 27th 2019
- April 24th 2019
- June 26th 2019
- August 28th 2019
- October 30th 2019
We Come To You
Our monthly training sessions in Abingdon and Loughton are the most cost-effective answer where training is required for only a very small number of staff. However if you need training for a larger group we can hold sessions at your office. All training equipment is included and we tailor each session to the exact equipment you will be using.